NEW CIA REPORTING FORM:
Why the name change?
2018-2019 C.I.A Meeting Dates:
August 23 Thursday CIA Leader Meeting
August 28 Tuesday
September 13 Thursday
September 27 Thursday
October 25 Thursday
November 13 Tuesday
November 27 Tuesday CIA Leader Meeting
December 11 Tuesday
January 17 Tuesday
February 7 Thursday CIA Leader Meeting
February 12 Tuesday
February 26 Tuesday
April 4 Thursday
April 24 Wednesday
May 16 Thursday CIA Leader Meeting
C.I.A (formerly Data Teams) at Moanalua High School:
- Use common priority standards, generate common formative assessment (CFA’s), and use common scoring guides to monitor and analyze student performance
- This year our goal is to revise our Power Standards (Department) and determine our Priority Standards (Content/Subject) limiting it to 12-15 for the year.
- CIAs are given the power to adjust meeting dates and times based on the needs of each respective data teams. Please notify your respective administrator for any adjustments in your meetings.
- Collaborative, structured, & scheduled meetings that focus on the effectiveness of teaching & learning
- This is where we determine as a team the instructional strategies that will have the most powerful impact on our students, and as a team, decide to implement it into our classrooms.
- We then determine whether or not that instructional strategy is working and/or how to improve its implementation.
- Content specific teams that examine individual student work generated from common assessments to drive instruction and improve professional practice
- While some data teams are still doing or are starting to work on this process, some CIAs may not be ready to implement this part of the. CIAs may choose to just focus on the 2 purpose above for this year until they are ready to start looking at student work. However, please understand that the data should be driving your instruction.
The Data Teams Process:
Data Teams Minute (Sample):
Data Teams Meeting Cycle (Sample):
Information on this page adapted and/or borrowed from: The Leadership and Learning Center (2010)